The idea is for active participants (we could organize dozens of people to start working on this) to create a resource for workers. Laborpedia is envision to be like:
- Welcome to Wikipedia, a free-content encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
- In this English version, started in 2001, we are currently working on 472411 articles.
- the free political encyclopedia.
- Welcome to the dKosopedia, a collaborative project of the DailyKos community to build a political encyclopedia. The dKosopedia is written from a left/progressive/liberal/Democratic point of view while also attempting to fairly acknowledge the other side's take. It was started in April of 2004, and currently consists of 2695 articles.
- ...a collaborative project to produce a directory of public relations firms, think tanks, industry-funded organizations and industry-friendly experts that work to influence public opinion and public policy on behalf of corporations, governments and special interests. Sponsored by the Center for Media and Democracy SourceWatch was started in February 2003 and contributors are now working on 6378 articles. To learn how you can edit any article right now, visit SourceWatch:Welcome, newcomers, our Help page, Frequently Asked Questions, or experiment in the sandbox.
Idea from MarkDilley